Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Historical Romance Edition #4



Happy Thursday, everyone! And welcome to a new feature on Buried Under Romance and Love Saves the World.
 
What is Throwback Thursday?
 

Traditionally, Throwback Thursday celebrates nostalgia, asking participants to post a personal photo or an image from their past -- usually from 5 to 10 years ago. There are a lot of book blogs that also do a book-related Throwback Thursday. 
 
The Historical Romance Edition:

Since Tin of Love Saves the World and Mary from Buried Under Romance  are unapologetic lovers of historical romances, we've decided to focus on our beloved genre.
The Rules:


1. It must be posted on a Thursday. 
2. It must be a historical romance novel published before October 3rd 2008.

This Week I'm Featuring:
 
Silver-Tongued Devil
 
Summary:
 
The Angel -- He saved her life, then made her his prisoner. Now Renold Harden is demanding his due -- as Angelica Carew's new husband. How easy it would be to surrender to Renold's name, his protection, his passion. But there is something unreal about his words of love, his determined seduction....

The Devil -- Renold had conspired to wed and bed her, forcing Angelica into a hellish marriage for the sake of the dowry bestowed upon her: Bonheur, the plantation stolen from his family. His bride would pay the price for her father's greed and trickery, every day -- and night -- for the rest of her life....

Only her love could save him -- Days of torment melt into nights of searing ecstasy as Angelica helplessly surrenders to the man who deceived and betrayed her. For what began as an act of vengeance becomes heedless, burning love -- as the devil who ensnared her heart with duplicity dares to show her the meaning of forgiveness and the magic of forever....
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 310 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
Publication Date: December 1st 2011 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published December 30th 1995)            
 
Where you can find Jennifer Blake:
 
 
Why I Picked This Book:
 
I remember reading this one when I was about 15 in 2005 or so during my summer vacation and I remember thinking that the heroine was one of the few at the time I was reading HRs that had a backbone and I loved that about her. I remember reading it in a single sitting with a flashlight in bed and loving it to pieces, now I'm thinking I might have to go back and re-read it.
 

if-youre-here-blinkie

4 comments:

  1. First, I love that cover! It's bold and bright and totally swoon-worthy. :) This kind of set-up really calls for great writing and technique from an author because it would be so easy to hate the hero and it will be hard to redeem him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something so dramatic about the romances published in the 90s. ^_^

    How does Renold change in the story? From the blurb, he seems so ... beastly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I may have to check this one out. The hero doesn't sound very swoon-worthy from this blurb so I'm interested to see how the author makes the audience like him. And yeah for heroines with backbones!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read one of her older books before but its been some time since I have. I really would like to get back to reading her and I really love the blurb. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!