Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Monday, April 14, 2014

Quote-Tastic Monday #42

 
This one is simple and just about sharing your favorite quotes and the books they come from! Hosted by the FABULOUS Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup
 
Second Chance Pass (Virgin River, #5)
 
Summary:
 
In the space of a few months Vanessa buried her husband, Matt, and gave birth to their son--breaking her heart while filling it with a whole new kind of love. But the one man she longs to share this love with now acts as if she doesn't exist. Paul Haggerty lives by the marine motto: Semper Fi. Ever faithful to his best friend, he's done right by Matt's widow as best he can...considering he's been secretly in love with her for years. Now, just as he's about to make his move, another woman has staked her claim on him--a claim that will be tough to escape.

With courage, humility and not a little meddling from the good folks of Virgin River, Vanni and Paul might just get a second chance to have the love they both desire and deserve.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 389 pages (Mass Market Paperback)
Publication Date: February 1st 2009 by Mira Books
 
Quote:
 
“Paul scooted forward a bit. "Well, it's no secret I'm in love with your daughter. I want to marry Vanni. Do I have your blessing? Your permission?"

Walt shook his head and chuckled. "Haggerty, you sneak down the hall after I'm in bed every night-- you'd damn sure better marry her. In fact, it might make sense for you to put the baby in that bedroom you're not using--save a trip or two, let the child have some space..."

Paul felt a stain creep to his cheeks and thought, I'm over thirty-five--how the hell does this man make me blush? "Yes, sir. Good idea, sir.”
  
 
Seriously, I just love the Virgin River series and Paul and Vanessa  made an awesome couple. They had me laughing and crying with this one and Paul is just the sweetest!
 
What's your quote this week?
 
Follow on Bloglovin
 if-youre-here-blinkie
 
 

2 comments:

  1. OMG Kimberly. I almost used that exact quote today!! It's on my list of future quote-tastic shares. lol I about died!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!