Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1 (The Wheel of Time - Graphic Novels #1) by Robert Jordan, Chuck Dixon, Chase Conley


 
 
The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume 1
 
Summary:
 
With the full cooperation of the Jordan estate, The Eye of the World has been turned into a stunning comic book series written by Chuck Dixon and illustrated by Chase Conley. The first Robert Jordan graphic novel, New Spring: the Graphic Novel, was a New York Times bestseller.

The Eye of the World: The Graphic Novel, Volume One begins Robert Jordan’s epic fantasy tale by introducing Rand al’Thor and his friends Matrim and Perrin at the spring festival. Moiraine Damodred and Lan Mandragoran appear, and almost before Rand knows it, he and his friends are fleeing his home village with Moiraine, Lan, and Egwene al’Vere, the innkeeper’s daughter, who wishes to become an Aes Sedai. The conclusion of this volume leaves the travelers on the road to Baerlon, barely ahead of the pursuing Trollocs and Draghkar. As they run for their lives, Moiraine and Lan begin to teach the young people what they need to know to survive in this dangerous world.
Summary & Cover taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 240 pages (Hardcover)
Available Formats: Print
Publication Date: September 13th 2011 by Tor Books
 
For the last 10 years my best friend has been trying to get me to read The Wheel of Time series and while I do own most of the series I didn't take the plunge until last night when I picked up the graphic novel adaptation after borrowing it on a whim from the library.
 
The artwork in this volume was nothing short of fantastic. I loved the style the artists implemented. The colours were dark but they really popped off the pages. The artistry went hand in hand with the story was being told and I felt myself drawn even closer to the story because of them.
 
The story itself was great. While I haven't read the actual full length novel version I feel that this was a very good graphic novel adaptation. It was longer than I expected and I there was a lot more text in the story than I would usually find in an adaptation. I liked all the characters a lot and I'm really intrigued by the whole mythology of the story that was told. There was far more detail than I expected and I think that helped make the story all that much more successful.
 
I'm not a big high fantasy fan, mostly because I don't have that much reading experience of the genre under my belt but I really see what all the hype around this series is about. There's a lot going on within the pages of this graphic novel and it surprised me by sucking me into the world within the pages so completely. After reading this I am definitely going to be starting the novel version very soon and can't wait to read more of Robert Jordan's work. I also plan to continue reading the series of graphic novels that follow this one.
 
I highly recommend this to all Wheel of Time fans by Robert Jordan as well as to people who haven't read the books before, who, like me are curious to see if it's something they like. Plus if you're a lover of graphic novels like I am I suggest giving this one a try also because it's the whole package.
 
Really Liked it!
★★★★
 
To purchase the book via Chapters Indigo CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via The Book Depository CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via Barnes & Noble CLICK HERE



1 comment:

  1. I've only read the first book in the Wheel of Time series, though I do own the second. They are huge novels and take up some serious time, but I love that there are graphic novels coming out now. I'll definitely have to try and find them. I'm glad you enjoyed it and I hope you enjoy the actual novel when you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!