Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 New Adult Reading Challenge

 
This challenge is hosted by Basia's Bookshelf


Here are the rules:
  • The book must feature a protagonist who is past the average age for graduation from high school (18 in most places) and under 30. If they’re exactly 18, you can make the judgment call based on content. (If the majority of it is set in high school, it’s probably YA.)
  • They don’t have to be contemporaries! Fantasy, dystopian and paranormal fans rejoice, your books count too. As long as the characters fall into the comparative age group on whatever planet or in whatever world, it works.
  • You don’t have to have a blog to participate, but you must post your reviews somewhere accessible online (like Goodreads).
The Levels:
  • Just Graduated: Read a minimum of 5 New Adult books
  • Moving Out: Read a minimum of 10 New Adult books
  • Living On Your Own: Read a minimum of 20 New Adult books
  • Fully Independent: Read a minimum of 30 New Adult books
If you’re looking for inspiration right now, here are a few Goodreads Lists you can check out (I have nothing to do with any of these and you’ll want to double-check them before you read to make sure they qualify):New Adult/Post HS Books
New Adult Literature
New Adult Contemporary
New Adult of 2012 (includes some good paranormal and fantasy)New Adult Dark & Gritty
Speculative New Adult Fiction
New Adult Fantasy Series’
And the best resource of them all, NA Alley
Edit to add: I started a Listopia at Goodreads that you can feel free to add books that fit to: 2013 New Adult Releases
We have a Goodreads group you can join to chat, get ideas and find resources (the name won’t be 2012 eventually) and there will be places to link up your reviews (and I’ll have your reviews archived, read-a-longs, giveaways and other stuff exclusively here for participants too). The perks, they sell the challenge themselves, right?

To Sign Up for the New Adult Challenge CLICK HERE
 
I'm planning to read a minimum of 10  books for the New Adult Reading Challenge qualifying for the Moved Out level. I'll list my books as I read and review them!
 
My List
 

1 comment:

  1. I am doing this too ..i am loving the new adult genre and should be bringing you two books a month in my coffee pot reviews!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!