Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lover Avenged (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #7) by J.R. Ward


Summary:
J. R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood novels have introduced readers to a "different, creative, dark, violent, and flat-out amazing" (All About Romance)world. Now, as the vampire warriors defend their race against their slayers, one male's loyalty to the Brotherhood will be tested-and his dangerous mixed blood revealed...

Caldwell, New York, has long been the battleground for the vampires and their enemies, the Lessening Society. It's also where Rehvenge has staked out his turf as a drug lord and owner of a notorious night club that caters to the rich and heavily armed. His shadowy reputation is exactly why he's approached to kill Wrath, the Blind King and leader of the Brotherhood.

Rehvenge has always kept his distance from the Brotherhood-even though his sister is married to a member, for he harbors a deadly secret that could make him a huge liability in their war against the lessers. As plots within and outside of the Brotherhood threaten to reveal the truth about Rehvenge, he turns to the only source of light in his darkening world, Ehlena, a vampire untouched by the corruption that has its hold on him-and the only thing standing between him and eternal destruction.

Summary taken from Goodreads.com
Length: 527 pages (hardcover)
Source: Personal acquisition
Publication Date: April 28th 2009 by NAL

Since I first started reading this series in late 2010 I've been in love with the series. Ever since the I picked up Dark Lover, the first book in the series I have been completely obsessed with the Black Dagger Brotherhood.

I really loved this book because A) It was actually a book from my personal collection and I hardly get a chance to read those because of all the ARCs and library books I read and B) it's the hardcover edition that unlike the copies the library has for this series it was brand new and not beaten up.

I was actually really surprised by how much I liked this book, a lot of people told me that the series ends up going down hill after Phury's book (which I personally LOVED) so I was a little wary despite how much I love the series. I loved Rehvenge and Ehlena's story though.

In this book readers learn more about his past, and more about sympaths which I am particularly intrigued by. We also meet Ehlena, this kind nurse who because of her actions, her family has fallen from grace (out of favour with the glymera who are completely and utterly pretentious). Plus we see more of John Matthew, Xhex, Blay, Qhuinn and Wrath and we also see more of Lash as this with the Lessening Society start building up more and more like they have been the last few books.

This one had murder (obviously), mystery and of course some really lets say....steamy scenes between Rehvenge and Ehlena which of course is in typical J.R. Ward. Honestly it wouldn't be a BDB book without the steamy love scenes. However don't get it twisted there's quiet a bit of intrigue in this one as things are revealed.

I am so glad I read this one when I did, it really got me out of my reading funk that I was in at the time. It was such a good read I honestly don't think the series has gone downhill at all. I've already finished Lover Mine which is the book after this and let me tell you this series is getting even hotter.

I recommend this one to all the fans of the series and if you haven't picked up the series yet but love Paranormal Romance novels then please, for the good of all romance novels everywhere give it a try!

Have you read this one? Have you read any of the books in the series? If so what do you think of the series or this book in particular. Remember to refrain from posting any spoilers.

To purchase the book via Amazon CLICK HERE
To purchase the book via BookDepository CLICK HERE
To visit the author's website CLICK HERE
To "Like" the author on Facebook CLICK HERE

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

1 comment:

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!