Followers

Follow on Bloglovin

Now on Instagram!

Instagram

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Journey to Her Dreams by Iris Blobel


Summary:
Would you travel around the world to uncover the reason for your dreams?

Hollie Anderson does.

A young woman from Tasmania who lives on a farm just outside Launceston, she has got good looks, likes her job and loves to hang out with her friends. She should be happy, right?
But it’s a recurrent dream that throws her daily life into chaos and takes her on a journey to Ireland. While on her quest for answers she meets Sam in Dublin under unusual circumstances and both women, so different in many ways, find out that one thing they do have in common – and it changes their lives from then on.
Summary taken from
Goodreads.com
Length: 332 pages
Source: Review copy from author
Publication Date: November 9th 2011

Awhile back I was approached by Iris to review her book and I was so excited to read it because it fits in with my Around the World challenge because much of it takes place in Australia, and I love supporting new writers.

First off I enjoyed the book quite a bit. I thought the premise was good and it was a quick read. The beginning really caught my eye and before I knew it I was halfway through the book in the first night! The fact that it was told from alternating characters really appealed to me because while it isn't my favourite style of writing I do enjoy it a lot and for this novel it really worked. In fact without it I don't think it could have been as successful as it was. I also enjoyed the fact that while the majority of the novel focused on Hollie in Tasmania it was broken up by Sam's side of the story taking place in Dublin. I also like how each of the girl's stories fit together so well. Hollie while being a bit naive for my tastes was my favourite character and I liked her far more than Sam who I found to be obnoxious, rude and self centered.

I did have some dislikes for the book though, I thought that the ending was pieced together a little too fast but that could be because I was enjoying the pace of the book and it suddenly sped up and was over all of a sudden. I also wish I knew exactly how old Hollie and Sam were (if it was mentioned in the book I must have missed it). I like knowing how old characters are because it helps me create a better mental picture of them.

All in all I thought this was a good book and definetly worth the read even if the ending could have been a little more drawn out (just my opinion) and the good news is is that it's $2.99 on Kindle right now and it's worth the money spent on it. I hope that Iris keeps writing because despite my minor dislikes for the novel she is a good writer and I can't wait to read the other book she wrote sometime in the near future. Hopefully she'll remember me and let me review her next book whenever she writes it. And who knows maybe I'll make my way to Australia and will meet her one of these days since I have family there.

To purchase the book from Amazon CLICK HERE
To follow Iris via Twitter CLICK HERE
To follow her blog CLICK HERE


*I would like to thank the author, Iris Blobel for sending me a copy of her book in exchange for my free and honest review.

★ ★ ★ 1/2

2 comments:

  1. Thank you very much for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very pleased to find this web-site. I wanted to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you blog post.

    Click Here
    Devpost.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! So feel free to comment away I'll try to answer every post so check back! . Also feel free to leave a link to your blog and I will absolutely follow you back :) Happy Reading!
*Note: This is an award free blog, thanks for thinking of me but I simply don't have the time to pass it along!